Mesh lashes and lids @ Slink today!

A cool new release at Slink now in the Body section

This is partially wearable lashes, and partially photo prop.  The eyelids can be tinted to suit your skin or eyeshadow and come with both solid texture and alpha texture to blend into your skin.

Now available at Slink!

10 thoughts on “Mesh lashes and lids @ Slink today!

1. Abby Graeves April 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I’ve been waiting for someone to make something like this!! Love it.

Buuut my one tiny issue is: The mesh lashes have both the top and bottom lashes merged together for each eye, instead of having each row of lashes separate… I can’t get them to fit my eye shape like that. Sadface. Any chance you might offer a split version in the future?

2. Donna Arun April 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Hi, I love these eyelids and I’ve just blogged them –
    Hope you like 🙂

3. Siddean April 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Thank you! 🙂

4. Siddean April 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Thank you for the feedback Abby, I will split the lashes into 2 sections and release an update shortly!

5. Abby Graeves April 8, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Awesome! Thank you, Siddean!

6. Ana Stubbs April 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I’m very glad to hear you’re splitting the lashes! They don’t fit my eye shape 😦

I’m also having a bit of an LOD “lumpy mascara” problem with them – described very elegantly by someone else in this thread on SL Universe.

7. Siddean April 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Gotta love it when people ask in a forum for help from people who have had nothing to do with the creation process instead of asking the person who can actually fix the problem! I’ll have a look at it 🙂

8. Siddean April 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

K I checked out that thread, it’s the lack of antialiasing that happens when shadows are on, or if you don’t use shadows, you can bump up your AA setting through preferences, graphics, hardware. Shadows and AA don’t go well together and because these lashes are individual pieces, they each have their own jaggies, so that’s why they appear clumped.

9. Ana Stubbs April 13, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Thanks for looking into it Siddean – I’m away from SL till the weekend, so I’ll get back to you then after I’ve had a play.

I don’t use shadows, but do use deferred rendering. Wasn’t really aware that AA wouldn’t work with deferred rendering as my hair normally looks terribly jaggy if AA isn’t on (like in my avatar picture here, for instance!)

10. Siddean April 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

LL is doing some funky stuff with edge blurring to counter the fact that AA doesn’t work deferred shading. The lashes appear to be affected more because they are tiny little pieces. I’ll have a think about what I can do to counter this issue. I like having individual lashes, but I may have to replace it with a texture on a larger object.

Comments are closed.